You may be entitled to benefits if your Parkinson’s symptoms are affecting your day to day activities. Personal Independent Payment – (PIP) is a non means test benefit that helps with the extra costs of a long-term health condition or disability for people aged 16 up to age 65 (or State Pension age whichever is higher). It is gradually replacing Disability Living Allowance (DLA).

Attendance Allowance – (AA) is a non-means-tested benefit for people of State Pension age or older. It is to support people who have difficulties or need help with daily living due to disability or illness. Employment Support Allowance – (ESA) You can apply for ESA if you are under State Pension age and you have a disability or health condition that affects how much you can work. You can apply whether you’re in or out of work. There are conditions to working while claiming ESA.

It’s worth noting that your spouse, partner, relative or friend can also claim carer’s allowance if they assist you (see our useful Numbers page)

If you are entitled and have claimed these benefits you may also be eligible for other financial support. You may also be entitled to a blue badge if you are having mobility issues. If you want help with any of these benefits and would like to discuss your options call Angela on 01327 612333

Skip to content