Medication is usually the main treatment, but a multi-disciplinary team approach is the best practice. You may not need all the healthcare professionals at once, but you should have access to:
- Parkinson’s Nurse – we are lucky in Northamptonshire to have a few! Tel: 0300 0272 277
- Neuro physiotherapy – your nurse or GP can refer you to your Neuro Physio if you have seen them before you can call them on 0300 0271 310
- Occupational Therapist – for aids and adaptations: 0300 126 100 or you can self-refer online – see our useful numbers section.
- Speech and Language Therapy – your nurse or GP can refer you but if you have seen them before you can call on 0300 0270 027
- Adult Social Care Northamptonshire: 0300 126 1000 – for non-medical support.